Tuesday, August 12, 2008

D is for Dinosaur: ABC Wednesday Round #3

This post is all about , "Once upon a time..." when dinosaurs roamed the lands of Alberta, Canada. I am also delving into the past by using some of my old 35mm photos taken sometimes in the 1990's. This first photo above is of a replica of a Tyrannosaurus Rex standing in front of the tourist bureau in Milk River, Alberta. In the background of this picture are perhaps what some might consider more modern day dinosaurs, those of grain elevators, many of which have now disappeared from the landscape of this prairie province.

These last two photos of dinosaurs were taken at the Prehistoric Park at the Calgary Zoo. This park features life size re-creations allowing visitors to walk through the land of southern Alberta as it may have been millions of years ago.
My appreciation and thanks to Mrs. Nesbitt's Place for hosting ABC Wednesday Round 3. To view more ABC Wednesday posts via Mr. Linky please click HERE. For viewing the new format of ABC Wednesday Round 3 where all posts can be seen in the same place, please click HERE.

22 comments:

Leslie: said...

Cool....come and visit my "domicile" when you get a minute. :D

Rune Eide said...

I think we shall be glad that they are not around right know - especially the first one!

Texas Travelers said...

Great Dino's. Are there any real ones still there. (grin)

Nice "D" today.
Our "D's" are Done, Click here.
We added a Dragonfly update.
Troy and Martha

Kjersti said...

Great choice, but I am glad they are not here now.

CaBaCuRl said...

Hmmm...great photos but happy they are photos only! Dinosaurs are something that seems to capture the imagination of everyone I think.

Cath said...

These are great. I hadn't thought of dinosaurs, them being dead! Brillinat post.

Mine is up too.

photowannabe said...

I'm glad they aren't around now...they look pretty scary. Great choices for letter D.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Reay impressive scary choice

Bear Naked said...

What a daring idea for your D post.
I doubt very much that it will be duplicated.

Bear((( )))

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

I must show your post to Victor the son of my daughter, he was mad about Dinosors.

magiceye said...

interesting post..

Tom said...

I did not think about this at all.. what a great surprise and a great 'D' post

mrsnesbitt said...

Phew! Jurassic Park in the comfort of my own home!

Anonymous said...

Great D. My kids would love this place.

Nydia said...

Oh, my son Lucas would love to see these dinosaurs! Tey rock! :o)

great post!

Kisses from Nydia.

Anonymous said...

these are all such great photographs. Happy Wednesday!

Suburbia said...

Great D for Dinosaurs! They look so real!

Rambling Woods said...

Great choice for the letter D Ann..

Annie said...

what an original idea! Good on you!

Thanks for your visit to my blog also...!

Annie

Mary said...

Interesting choice! I like that first one and the background of "modern" dinosaurs.

Brian said...

They are great photos, but I am glad they do not visit my garden

Margaret Cloud said...

Great pictures, I like "Mr. Peanut", they are all nice. The Prehistoric Park looks nice. I wish you a Happy New Year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails